We get asked almost daily if our patients should be using an electric toothbrush over their manual toothbrush. And the answer is YES! Electric toothbrushes offer many advantages over your everyday manual toothbrush.
At ProGrin Dental, we provide the Oral B Genius X electric toothbrush for our patients to purchase. This toothbrush has all the features to help keep your teeth and gums healthy in between your dental appointments.
The Difference Between a Manual and Electric Toothbrush
We are not saying that using a manual toothbrush is terrible for you or that you should throw away your toothbrush and ever use it again! Brushing your teeth is a large part of your everyday oral hygiene, whether you use an electric toothbrush or not. But electric toothbrushes have many features that you may have never thought that you needed.
Typically when our patients brush their teeth with a manual toothbrush, they are not brushing all of the surfaces in their mouth evenly. The average amount of time that people brush with a manual toothbrush is anywhere between 30-40 seconds, which is significantly less than the recommended 2 minutes.
Electric toothbrushes are also more gentle on your gums and can get rid of plaque more efficiently than a manual toothbrush.
One of our hygienists, Maria, in our Greenville office, has seen several patients completely transform their oral hygiene just by switching to an electric toothbrush. She has seen patients with severe gingivitis completely transform their dental health by using the Oral B Genius X.
Oral B Genius X Features
The Oral B Genius X has so many great features that will help you get that great “after dentist” feel in just 2 minutes.
- Round brush head – The round brush head gives you the same feel of a professional dental brush. The head is small enough to reach to the very back of your teeth with closed lips. The bristles are angled so that they can get in between your teeth and gently brushes your gums.
- Pressure control – When the toothbrush senses that you are brushing too hard, it will light up red to show you that you need to reduce pressure.
- Six brushing modes – Designed to meet your specific needs, the brush comes with modes including daily clean, pro-clean, sensitive, whitening, gum care, and tongue clean.
- Long-lasting rechargeable battery – provides consistent performance over complete runtime.
- Timer – The brush will time you based on quadrants in your mouth. You will stay in one quadrant for 30 seconds, and the toothbrush will beep to indicate you need to switch quadrants.
- Phone application – The Oral B Genius X comes with an app for your phone that you can track how well you are brushing and what sections of your mouth you need to focus more on.
Our patients and staff enjoy using the Oral B Genius X toothbrush. It is a great way to ensure you are getting the most out of your oral hygiene.
We provide an Oral B Genius X package for our patients. Visit one of our offices today to talk to our staff about getting you on the best track to your dental care.